Today I’m talking about why you need to specialize – or why I’m not a copywriter, SEO strategist, or brand designer. I’ve been learning over the past 3 years in business that it is important to specialize when you decide what it is that you want to offer in your business and who you want to work with. It doesn’t work to offer every service to everyone out there because then you can’t be known as an expert in any one thing.
Over the past three years, I have spent my time trying to figure out exactly what I could specialize in and how I could best serve the clients that I really wanted to work with. It took time and a lot of iterations of my services and website and what I wanted to offer, but as I have learned that I need to narrow down on what it is that I want to do and who I want to work with, I have also seen that my ability to serve my clients well has increased.
Today I’m going to talk through that journey with you and encourage you that if you aren’t sure if you should be specializing in one area, I really recommend that you do.
- How I went from offering every type of design service to focusing on website design
- My fears as I chose an area to specialize in
- Why I can’t offer every kind of service
- What you should look at as you consider specializing
- Honing in on your specific service, process, and dream client
- Figure out your why
- Narrow in on your dream client
- Remove any services from your website that you don’t want to specialize in
IS YOUR WEBSITE WORKING FOR YOU?
Get the Checklist