Today I’m talking with Lauren Black of Legacy Loft all about creating effective surveys in your business. Lauren and I chatted about how to create and use surveys to help you grow your business, how to figure out what kinds of services, products, and courses you might want to offer, and how to get responses that are going to help you move forward in a way that fits your business and your dream client.
Lauren also talks a little bit about surveying your clients before you work with them through questionnaires and figuring out if they are a good fit and then after you work together to see what their results were and get really great testimonials for your website in a way that’s easy for you and for your clients.
She gives some great advice on asking the right questions, where to ask, and how to balance actual surveys with getting answers through conversational questions on social media.
Lauren Black is a multipassionate entrepreneur with a heart for helping business owners reach their highest potential and purpose through creative strategy and brand design. Lauren's main business, Legacy Loft, provides brand strategy & design to entrepreneurs who are ready to shift & scale their businesses. She is also the co-founder of Elevate & Cultivate, a community for design professionals to strengthen their skills and receive feedback on their work. Lauren is preparing to launch a third business this summer, with the signature offering being the Bosscation Box — a self-led business retreat in a box where entrepreneurs can rejuvenate and work on their businesses away from WiFi & their daily distractions.
Connect with Lauren:
- Why you should be using surveys in your business
- Getting to know your dream clients and creating things for them
- The different types of surveys you can use in your business for peers, dream clients, and your clients
- How you can survey people while having a conversation
- Choosing the best questions to ask
- Balancing the types of questions you ask
- How to get responses that are relevant to your business through doing a giveaway
- Using the answers you receive to connect with your audience
- How long your surveys should be
- Getting effective testimonials from your clients in an easy way
- How surveys can help you create a course that covers everything your students are looking for
- The importance of asking specific questions
- How to gather information before you create a survey
- How often to survey your audience
- How to beta test your questions to make sure you’re getting good responses
- How long your surveys should last
- How to use forms and questionnaires with your clients