Getting people to contact you should be the ultimate goal of your website, so it’s important that your contact page sets you up for success.
- Why your contact page is so important
- Different options you need to include
- Tips for designing an effective contact page
- Include your email address
- List your office hours or when people can expect to hear from you
- Update the post-submit response to fit your brand
TIPS FOR DESIGNING STRATEGIC CONTACT PAGE
There are lots of people who don’t want to fill out your contact form or they’re interested in something else - like a partnership or collaboration. By not including an easy, direct way to contact you, you’ll likely never hear from them.
- Use a form on your contact page that collects the information you need from most people.
- Have a professional email address on your contact page.
- Include office hours or expected response time.
- Consider an autoresponder so people hear from you right away about what to expect.
- Include fun graphics
- Keep it simple to encourage action
- If you get a lot of emails asking the same question, include a link to your FAQ page
- Use a call-to-action that makes sense like “submit” or “send”
- Make sure the copy and images fit your brand
- If possible, you can have your form change based on the type of inquiry or have them select an “inquiry type” option to make things easy for you
- Focus on being helpful
KEEP YOUR WEBSITE HEALTHY
What You Need to Do to Maintain Your Website