Today I am talking with Ashley Cox of sproutHR all about building a team that supports your business mission. We covered some great topics including how to hire for a small business, how to set up the hiring process including creating a really great job description, and how you can create an interview process that will help you find the right person for the job. We also talk a little bit about the difference between contractors and employees and how you might be able to hire an intern for your business.
Ashley has so much to share and we covered a lot of it today, so I’m really excited for this episode.
Ashley Cox is The HR Partner for Creatives at sproutHR, where she helps you hire, train, and lead your thriving team, all with confidence and heart. She loves to make the scary and overwhelming parts of hiring and leading a team simple, actionable and fun, so you can feel more at ease in your business and get the help you need!
Connect with Ashley:
- How Ashley moved from corporate HR to running her own business helping creative entrepreneurs
- How she found a place where she could use her corporate experience and build a business she loves
- How to create processes and systems to help your business grow
- The importance of writing your processes down
- How to create a job description that helps you hire the right person
- Why you need to outline the interview process before you start accepting applications
- The things you need to include in a job description
- How to make sure that the person you’re hiring has the skills needed for the job
- Why you should hire slowly to avoid hiring the wrong person
- The difference between a contractor and employee
- Why you can’t hire an unpaid intern
- The importance of creating a culture for your business